Thursday 27 September 2012

Start of new season

I am so looking forward to the start of new season.  You will all have your syllabus' very soon.  We are certainly in for a treat over the winter months.  
Our first demo guest is local artist,  Lucy Chisholm.
Here are a few words from Eleanor Boag on Lucy . . . 

"Lucy was born in West Kilbride, where she still lives & works today.
Lucy trained at Ayr College & now runs her own gallery "Sandy Lane Gallery"
in West Kilbride.
She works mainly in oils using a variety of utensils ie sponges etc. &
works in a colourist style, mainly landscape. Lucy also holds drawing
& painting classes at her studios."

How good does that sound?
A report on Lucy's demonstration will follow in the next newsletter.  

I have also had some photographs sent to me which show off what our neighbours in Dalry have been up to this summer.  I do hope that some of you managed along to their exhibition.  Here are the photographs below.  My thanks once again to Robert Clayton for supplying them.








Once again, I would like to remind you that you all have a free, 365 day-a-year gallery right here on this blog.  All you need to do is send a photograph in an email to me and I will publish it.  Stick a price on there too.  I had a quick look at our newsletter's global audience since the blog was started up.  Below is a list of the countries who have been looking in and their viewing figures.

United Kingdom
363
United States
54
Russia
15
Canada
8
Germany
2
Egypt
2
Spain
2
Netherlands
1

Someone out there may want to buy your work or commission you.  Since starting my own blog I have been given an open invitation to do workshops in south west France.

I will publish the next newsletter very soon, so keep this on your favourites.









No comments:

Post a Comment